Double the Size, Opening late 2019
Kalahari Resorts and Conventions is more than doubling the size of the convention center offerings in the Pocono Mountains. Scheduled to open in late 2019, the expansion is due to growing demand of group business and will boost tourism and visitation to the area. This is the second expansion to the Pocono Mountain location since the resort opened in July 2015.
“When we first opened Kalahari, we had to work hard to create an experience where a convention center and indoor waterpark could exist together. This model has been a splendid success and is now a vital part of any waterpark resort in the industry today,” stated Travis Nelson, Co-Owner of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions.
Upon completion, new additions will include:
- 105,000 sq. ft. addition to the convention center, bringing the grand total to 205,000 sq. ft.
- 18 new meeting rooms – for a total of 33 meeting spaces
- 38,000 sq. ft. new main ballroom/exhibit space, in addition to the current 25,000 sq. ft. ballroom
- 12,000 sq. ft. new junior ballroom of in addition to the current 9,000 sq. ft. junior ballroom
- Exclusive Executive Conference Center for up to 400 guests
- Giant, sun drenched pre-function spaces
- Substantial registration and client office areas
- Enhancedload in and load out capabilities
Of course, access to Kalahari’s amenities are included for all guests:
- 977 rooms; Guest Rooms, 2- & 3-Bedroom Suites, Big Five Suites, Honeymoon Suites and Penthouse Suites
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Free parking
- World class dining and catering
- Spa Kalahari and Salon
- America’s biggest and best in family-friendly amenities
Welcome to Kalahari. Bigger and better than ever.