For the last 20 years, Kalahari Resorts and Conventions has hosted over 22,000 groups, which resulted in more than 1.4 million rooms booked at their three locations. With customizable meeting spaces, premium dining experiences, spa services and world-class waterparks, Kalahari has and continues to deliver a great experience to meeting attendees — all under one roof.
But according to owner Todd Nelson, this is just the beginning of bringing to their convention guests something much more. In a nutshell, the Kalahari locations in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin are more than doubling their convention center space by year-end 2019, matching the space currently offered in Ohio. In addition, in 2020 Kalahari will open a brand-new resort and convention center in Texas.
“When we first opened Kalahari, we definitely had our work cut out for us to encourage adoption of the idea that a convention center and indoor waterpark could exist in the same business model. We were steadfast in our vision, and it’s been incredible to see the demand grow exponentially. The expansion of our convention centers nationwide will help meet this demand,” Nelson stated.
Below is a snapshot of these exciting announcements and what you can look forward to in the coming years.
Pocono Mountains Enhancements
By late 2019, this Kalahari location will have added:
- 134,000 square feet of meeting space, for a total of 234,000 square feet at the convention center — a 56 percent increase in meeting space
- 21 new meeting rooms, for a total of 39 spaces — a 58 percent increase
- 38,000-square-foot ballroom
- Executive conference center for up to 400 guests
- Larger prefunction spaces, registration and client office areas
Wisconsin Dells Enhancements
By September 2019, this Kalahari venue will have added:
- 130,000 square feet of meeting space, for a total of 230,000 square feet at the convention center — a 56 percent increase in meeting space
- A new 56,000-square-foot ballroom to bring the total ballrooms to three (the existing being 20,500 and 17,250-square-foot respectively)
- Total of 45 dedicated flexible meeting rooms
Introducing a Texas Kalahari
In 2020, Kalahari Resorts and Conventions will expand to Round Rock, part of the Greater Austin, Texas, metropolitan area. This facility will include 990 guest rooms and a 200,000- square-foot convention center. More details about this “unconventional” convention center will be forthcoming this year and next.
Host Your Next Event at Kalahari
We offer a customized approach that includes top-of-the-line meeting spaces, delicious food and beverage choices and plenty of leisure activities including Spa Kalahari and Salon, Kalahari Fitness and Training, and America’s largest indoor waterpark. For more information about Kalahari Resorts and Conventions, please visit www.kalaharimeetings.com.