The Nelson family has officially opened the doors on the company’s grandest property to date in the Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania; ideally placed for the Tristate area less than 2 hours from New York City, 2 hours from Philadelphia, 2 hours from Harrisburg, 30 minutes from Scranton and 50 minutes from Allentown.
“Today is a big one for not only our company, but my family, as well,” said Todd Nelson, owner of Kalahari Resorts and Conventions. “We have always dreamed of expanding to the East Coast, and there’s no better way to do it than with our grandest resort to date in this historically prevalent tourist area.”
What this means for you:
- 457 guest rooms containing one-, two-, three-bedroom and penthouse suites
- 65,000 sq. ft. convention center loaded with the latest and greatest audio and visual technology including complimentary Wi-Fi and RFID
- Pennsylvania’s largest indoor waterpark at 100,000 sq. ft.
- An outdoor waterpark with a huge outdoor pool, a large sundeck for relaxing, indoor/outdoor whirlpools and a swim-up bar
- 30,000 sq. ft. family entertainment center with dry activities such as mini-bowling, cutting-edge arcade games, a 5-D theater and black light mini golf
- Three full-service signature dining experiences – The Brandberg Food & Drink, Ivory Coast and Great Karoo Marketplace Buffet along with a gourmet coffee shop, a super sweet bakery and quick eats for on the go
- Spa Kalahari & Salon
- 6,000 sq. ft. of retail
- Free parking and available valet
The resort is authentically African themed, and you’ll see and feel this experience at every turn, including the handcrafted artwork adorning the walls, the Rwandan coffee beans served throughout the resort and the souvenirs sourced from local artisan communities throughout Africa. All of this was obtained during the Nelson family’s recent 23-day trip to Africa, where they went for inspiration that is reflected throughout the resort.
With our proven success of consistent meeting and event attendance growth of 20% and a surge of group block pickup at an average of 108% of contracted rooms; this is the game changer the East Coast has been craving. Book your next meeting or event. Welcome to Kalahari.