Your boss has put you in charge of this year’s celebratory party, and your mission is to breathe some fun into the party and get people excited to be there!
Before launching into planning, it’s important to answer the following six questions:
- Will the party include employees’ families, spouses or be an employee-only gathering?
- Do you want just your workforce? Or will it be open to clients and prospects?
- How many people will be invited?
- What is the overall budget?
- When will it take place? Will it be a work day, evening or weekend?
- What type of food and drink will be served?
Need help coming up with ideas to make your party memorable and fun for everyone? Here are four concepts to consider:
- Incorporate health and wellness. If your work environment is highly stressful, pamper your employees with a self-care day at the start of the New Year. Hold a relaxing, low key breakfast to kick off yoga, meditation and Qigong sessions. In the afternoon, offer spa & salon treatments before everyone heads home.
- Play games. Everyone loves trivia and games. You can carve time out for guests to participate right after lunch or dinner. Formulate teams to play trivia or board games. Another fun holiday game is to set up Family Feud with Santa as the host.
- Add family fun time. There is no doubt, Kalahari’s waterpark and game room are a great draw for children. Or set up stations so families can build gingerbread houses together.
- Turn a meeting room into a movie theater. Provide a space where everyone can get comfortable with freshly made popcorn and watch holiday movies such as How the Grinch Stole Christmas, A Christmas Story and It’s a Wonderful Life.
- Give back. Set up gift wrapping stations, and ask each guest to bring a child’s gift. Provide wrapping paper, ribbons, and gift tags for attendees and after the party, donate the items to a local charity.
Hosting a party that makes people feel appreciated and allows them to have fun is a great way to keep them merry and bright throughout the holiday season. If employees leave with a smile, the goodwill may provide a morale boost that lasts into the New Year.
Kalahari is Holiday Party Central
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions has all the resources you need for a buzzworthy event. Give one of our group sales professionals a call at 855.411.4605 or email us at Groups@KalahariResorts.com to learn all about our party offerings!