The Kalahari Resorts and Conventions Round Rock, Texas, construction is underway! With a large, on-site groundbreaking on May 15, 2018, that included the Nelson family, Round Rock governmental officials and members of the press, this live event was also streamed to the world on Facebook Live.
“Kalahari is thrilled to bring our authentic African resort experience to the South. As the Round Rock property begins construction, we look forward to contributing to the local economy and sharing our beyond-expectations approach to hospitality with area vacationgoers, conference attendees and local guests throughout the region,” stated Todd Nelson, owner of Kalahari Resorts and Conventions.
“We’re delighted to have Kalahari break ground in Round Rock, Texas,” added Mayor Craig Morgan.
Scheduled to open in 2020, Kalahari has committed at least $550 million to this project. City officials anticipate the Round Rock Kalahari property will bring $4.7 million of direct tax revenue into their general fund every year for the first 10 years of operation.
If you are an event planner, trade show manager or meeting coordinator, here are the pertinent facts involving our latest addition to the Kalahari family.
Round Rock Facts
Round Rock is a city in Texas.
- According to the 2010 U.S. Census, it had a population of 99,887.
- It’s the international headquarters of Dell Technologies, which employs about 16,000 people.
- Round Rock is:
- 18 miles north of Austin
- 97 miles northeast of San Antonio
- 168 miles west of Houston
- 177 miles south of Dallas
Planned Convention Center
With 200,000 square feet of flexible indoor space, it’s possible to divide it into:
- Two ballrooms that are 40,000 and 22,000 square feet in size
- Up to 16 meeting rooms
In addition, there is 50,000 square feet of outdoor event space that includes a barn and covered terraces.
There will be a full-service business center. Complimentary Wi-Fi with speeds up to one GB/second will be standard, but with an advanced order, the speed can be up to 10 GB/second allowing for multiuser livestreaming at your event.
With state-of-the-art audio visual, you can expect:
- Lighting and sound controls to your attendees’ liking
- Built-in high-definition projectors and monitors
- On-site and telephone technical support
Knowing that many attendees will wish to turn their meeting into a family adventure, we offer something for everyone including:
- 223,000-square-foot indoor waterpark
- 80,000-square-foot adventure park that includes:
- Thrill rides
- Ropes course
- Climbing walls
- Indoor zip line
- Laser tag
- Miniature golf
- Cutting-edge arcade with over 250 games
- 10,000 square feet of retail space offering you and your attendees a variety of shopping experiences
- Outdoor pools
- Full-service Spa Kalahari and Salon
- Fitness and Training Center, including Personal Trainers
Kalahari plans to build 975 guest rooms and suites. One-, two- and three-bedroom suites are available.
All rooms will incorporate:
- A microwave and refrigerator
- A small safe
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Free admission into the waterpark
Dining and Beverage Options
There will be a large assortment of establishments to fit everyone’s taste. Here is what’s planned:
- Steakhouse with family-style sides
- Italian kitchen
- Homestyle Tex-Mex
- Burgers and shakes
- Lounge with live entertainment
- Coffee shop
- Waterpark swim-up bar
Kalahari Welcomes Your Round Rock Texas Inquiries Today
Family-owned and -operated, Kalahari Resorts and Conventions brings the best of Africa for a beyond-expectations hospitality experience to all its guests.
As we move toward our planned opening in 2020, we are currently staffed with group sales professionals who are happy to take your call or respond to your email. Please call 855.411.4605, email TXGroups@KalahariResorts.com or submit an RFP for more information.